Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on December 6, 2012 – 4:46 pm

“Seeing comments here from the fans – having that support means a ton. I remember when I first started playing in this league, my coach Shawn J, he would tell me, ‘you should play every game like it’s your last because you never know who’s watching or what may happen.’

“One thing that touched me – he said, ‘you never know when a father might bring his son to a game that they could barely afford and it would be the only game they could come to.’ And I thought about when I was a kid. I could never go to a game. I always wanted to.

“You want to be that guy that stands out for that little kid so he has something to remember, something to hold on to. Those are some of the things that are actually motivation that I look forward to Sundays for.

“The more and more I’m here, the more and more I’m around town, I meet people. I’m doing things around Detroit and get to mingle with the fans and through my foundation we do a lot of stuff too. Those things are all great to have to get to know people. Much thanks to the fans for the support.”

Posted in Calvin Johnson Blog | 75 Comments »

75 Responses to “Johnson: “Seeing comments here from the fans – having that support means a ton.””

1. By Rose on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Calvin,

You do amazing things, keep up the good work.

2. By matt on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

When you land on your back after a jump ball keep your chin on your chest, it’ll help with the concussions.

3. By Jack Crowley on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Thanks Calvin. The city of Detroit loves you and we appreciate the passion and talent you bring to the field.

I think it is safe to say we are blessed and glad to have you as a pillar of this team for quite a few years to come! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Jack

4. By Jeremy on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

You are a class act, CJ. Keep it up. We love you!

5. By Debbie on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

You are a Class act Mr. Johnson.

6. By jake on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

even though this season is down the drain, do you think next season the lions will worry more about people that want the team to win and not just get the ball every play like titus? cuz as talented as he is his selfish actions killed the respect i had for him nate ryan tony and brandon seem to be on page and u as well, i just wish the whole team could come together and play im tired of being let down and ragged on for being a lions fan, i will be till the day i die but i need more from u guys please finish this season strong- jake

7. By matt on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

mvp in my book

8. By Judd D on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Calvin, you have no idea how awesome it is that the best football player ever is also the best role model. You have all the power in the world to do whatever it is you want, yet, it seems, you still do what seems right in your heart. I can’t think of a better example of humble excellence, and mastery of craft. I wish I could shake your hand and thank you for all that you have done for me, for the city of Detroit, and most importantly, for all the kids watching you each and every Sunday.
    Thank you!

9. By John on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

In Detroit we notice when our players work hard (Barry, Stevie, Zeke, Joe D, Trammel) and when they give their all. Hard working towns expect more. Great to see you fit that mold. Detroit appreciates it.

10. By Joe Deighton on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Calvin, I am the biggest Lions fan. I’ve been waiting for you guys to beat Green Bay in Lambeau for a long, long time. Please get a win this Sunday! I also want you to break Jerry Rice’s record and get 2,000 yards. You can do it!

11. By Kevin McLogan on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Calvin,
    You truly are a class act, and I thank you for the outstanding memories that you have left us with. That being said, please tell your teammates about what kind of impression a young fan would have had if the first game that they attended was one of the last three. If they just saw your playing, they would be left in a state of awe. But watching any of those games in their totality may not be the impression that would create lifelong fans.
    Keep up the great work-get that record!
    KM

12. By Christina Bloemendaal on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Dear Mr. Johnson,
    I just want to say that you are a true class act, above and beyond what you do on the football field (which defies imagination), you comport yourself with dignity at all times in a world and a sport which seems to want to lean toward the outrageous. I have been a Lions fan for almost 30 years (30 years of pain and heartache mind you) and the fact that you have stayed with us and stayed with a good attitude is astounding! I never as a rule point to sports figures for my son to emulate, but I point to your work ethic and grace as something to try to emulate as he grows up. Keep your chin up during this rough season and be sure to take care of yourself! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

13. By Debbie Vyletel on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

U mean a whole lot to us big guy!! U bring a lot of joy to the fans of Detroit and for that we thank u!!!

14. By Adam on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

such a selfless human being. if there was an awesome person award, detroit would give it to you. you deserve it, cj. thanks for everything you do.

15. By Mark on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Calvin keep up the fantastic work you are a class act and the best in business

16. By DASHAWN on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

CALVIN I BEEN A LIONS FAN SINCE I 89 WHEN I FIRST SEEN THE GREATEST RUNNING BACK IN HISTORY AND WE GET WHAT I THINK IS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST RECEIVER ONE DAY IM DISAPPOINTED HOW OUR SEASON IS GOING BUT IM LOYAL TO MY LIONS SO KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK YOU DO AND HOPEFULLY NEXT YEAR THEY DONT PUT THE WHOLE TEAM ON U SO YOU CAN BREAK ALL THE RECORDS.

17. By Jordan Scovie on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

I have been sad about the losses this season, but I know the coaching might choose for more losses to get a good draft pick. I just hope you keep up the will to fight for what Detroit needs. I’m sick of other team fans saying “Oh, we should get a win, it’s Detroit.”

18. By Brenda on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Calvin, You make the games exciting and Im glad you havent lost that mindset! Detroit loves you, youre a class act!! Keep up the great work Megatron!!

19. By Philip Bakousidis on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Calvin, you made us the State of Michigan believe again in football!! You are a icon of Michigan and we love you for that!! Oh and your not to shabby of a football payer!!

20. By Rich on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

I love you C.J. You’re the man, keep up the great work! Jack said it well “We appreciate the passion and talent you bring to the field. We are blessed and glad to have you…” We (Lions fans/Detroit) are very happy and proud to have you. I know you are a humble person but you are truly amazing thank you for all your hard work.

Rich

21. By Sam-Sam the Lions Fan on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

THIS IS WHAT MAKES A CHAMPION!
    God bless you Calvin.

22. By Simon Bredvig on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Hey Calvin!

No doubt about you’re the best WR in the game by far! And I will always cheer for you and Lions! I love you and your abilities on the field! Of course you will break that record! GO CALVIN! GO LIONS!

– Simon Bredvig, Danish Detroit Lions fan.

23. By Lenny on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Mr. Johnson I was at the Lions/Colts game last weekend where you made that unbelievable one handed catch, it was amazing, what a game, I love Lions games worth every penny.

24. By Donna Zierler on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

I’m coming to see you on the 22nd… I won’t be very close to the field all the way up in section 341 but i hope i get to see you atleast once.. You do an amazing job.

25. By Shane Fountain on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Megatron as u have become so famously known i have been in or at ford fieeld several times and watched u jus blow us all away with your speed ur ambition your athleticism and ability to jus rule over these corners in the league yoiu my freind are a true class act ,we love and adore u as a lions and as a man that brings spirt and fight to this teamyou and matty stafford are going to great things in this town in this league …i know deep down before it is all said and done u will have the highly coveted lombardi trophy hoisted high aabove your heads while wearing the honolulu blue and silver looking forward to u breaking the great jerry rices record and sealing your spot as one of if =not the best reciever to ever set foot on the scene you my freind are amazing and we are both happy and proud tpo hsve u with our boys now crack the whip under them younger recievers andget them rollin so you can dominate even more and oh yeah on sunday when u run up against charles woodson show huim why they call u MEGATRON he is gottn to big for his britches and needs to be checkedbut jus my opinion anyway Calvin have a merry chroistmas and a happynew year looking forward to watching u for manymore seasons as a lion thanks for the memories u have givenus all to this point buddy u ROCK

26. By Laurie on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

What a great attitude to have each and every game. I know this year has been a little tougher with injuries I often wondered how a human could fall (get tackled) like that and not get hurt. Such an unselfish human ‘megatron’ is fitting you are like a super hero!

27. By Laura on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for making Detroit so proud. You give us something to cheer about every week. One great thing you bring to this team is that you are CONSISTENT! We always know what we are going to get from you and that’s a lot of hard work, heart and a play maker! I believe you are that type of player because, as you described in your blog, what motivates you is far different than so many others who also have talent. (maybe not as much as you are blessed with, but you get my point :-)

28. By Rob Christian on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

It’s nice to see professionals being professional; and we are proud to have you on our team!

29. By Joshua Wright on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

I love that Megatron says that I have been a Lions fan all my life. I get a lot of b.s. about being a fan when we are losing. But when we are winning everyone is on our side(flip floppers). If you are a true fan be true to your team no matter what I go to a couple lions games a year. Everytime I go win or lose they put on when hell of a game. I feel a sence of amazement when I leave and I wouldnt trade it for anything. I love the Lions and always will the Lions need the fans. This fan will never turn his back I didnt turn my back when we was 0 and 16 and I wont turn now. LIONS 4 LIFE

30. By Peter on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Very moving and very classy. Your attitude reminds me of Barry. Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders the 2 best Lions of all time as well as the classiest. Never been to ford field but i hope i can bring my son to see you someday.

31. By Josh C. on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Mr. Johnson,
    My wife and I bought our son your Lions jersey. He watches every game, cheers you on and is very proud of his jersey and what it represents, greatness. We’re grateful for how you handle yourself among the distractions that surround you. We’re thankful for you being a positive role model.

God Bless

32. By Jim on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Calvin, I’m 65 years old and I have watched the NFL as far back as I can remember. Today, you’re the best all around player that I have ever seen and I do mean that. Keep it up and you will be rewarded some day. You are absolutely a hero to a lot of people. You are the “Megatron”

33. By Jay Aekins on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Calvin,

You’re the reason I became a Lions fan bro. Keep up the good work! Do you think you can guide Titus Young and be an example for him in order to get him back into the fold as a Lion again?

34. By brendan.bazner on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Nice one handed catch Calvin!

35. By Brianne on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

What a great and welcomed attitude. Your post brought me to tears. It gives me hope that my own son has such a positive role model like yourself to look up to and see how a true professional athlete and man conducts himself. You make me proud to be a Lions fan. You make me even prouder to be a Megatron fan.

36. By John M on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

After following Barry for some 20+ years, the man has not changed, from draft day to today. I see the sam kind of man in Calvin.

37. By Kiley Priebe on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Like Barry you are the reason I went to games as a kid and will now take my son to games in the near future!!!! Thank You!

38. By Todd on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Calvin,

There are very few times in sports that a team gets a class act. Detroit has been incredibly lucky to have have two. The first (imho) was Barry, the second is you sir. Forget the fact that both of you are world class athletes, more importantly, you’re both world class human beings. I live in NJ and I am a season ticket holder. I bring my 8 year old with me and he loves you! Keep being real. YOU, make it all worth while!

39. By k. davis on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

We Love us some CJ =MEGATRON So great watching you catch the ball @ every game . Second year season ticket holder as long as your here I will keep getting them. :)

40. By Sop Noch on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

I think we are blessed to be Lions fans! We may not be on the winning side as far as the overall record goes, but we’ve had the honor of having the best RB of all time play for this team and now we have one of the best WR’s as well. So many similarities in you and Mr. Sanders. You both are game changers on the field and inspire so many people off the field. You both have a righteous attitude and play the game how it is meant to be played. You both bring all of us fans hope as well. It’s been a rough year for the team and the fans, but remember to have fun with it as well. We appreciate all of the hard work and what you do on and off the field. Much luv and respect.

41. By Jarrod on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Barry Sanders is the reason why I started following the Lions.. Calvin Johnson is the reason why I still Keep Following the Lions!

42. By Atanasio Juarez on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Dear Megatron,
    Last week the “minutephysics” youtube channel posted a video of Neil deGrasse’s response to a question asked by the Templeton Foundation. I was wondering what your take on this question is.

“Does the Universe have a Purpose?”

Thank you.
    AJ

p.s. Do you play guitar?

43. By mickd on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

It’s time to think about the draft. You need to plug and play your first 3 draft picks, and that’s not going to be easy. Enough playing around with middle round CB picks. You need one shutdown corner. You need a freekish athletic defensive end. You need a safety. You need a wide receiver. You need to pick a player to help out on kickoff returns and punts.
    1. ROUND Dee Milliner CB
    2. Kenny Vacarro S
    3. William Gholston DE
    3. Denard Robinson
    5. Marcus Davis WR

44. By Bugzie on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Best Receiver in NFL HISTORY

45. By muskiebobsr on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Started to listen to the Lions on the radio in 1934. My Dad keep track of every yard made by both times on my lined school paper. Was at my only Lion game last year even through I only live 8 miles from the Silverdome. Bary was our greatest runner. Up until you showed up it was Herman Moore. You sir are top notch. When you get time lets go fishing on Lake St Clair. It would be an honor to fish with you. Thanks for playing like a real pro.

46. By lamont robinson on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

just want to say calvin you are a great man and a hell of a football player you should be passing rice up on the single season receiving yards soon i hope. teach these young guys something 2013 i have this feeling will be our season so keep it comibg i see us being a 16 win team in the near future. without you thats not possible man

47. By Lions Roar on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Calvin-

We are all big fans and love watching you play. Thank you for being such a great role model for the kids and fans of Detroit. You make me proud to be a fan of the Lions.

#BarrySanders&CalvinJohnson2OfTheGreatestLionsEver

48. By paul b. on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

CJ THANK YOU 4 being 1 ) hard worker. 2) a class act. 3) berry sanders like. 4) on our team.5) careing about us fans . I live in the upper peninsule and have 3 kids and 4 grand kids. we r in the middle of packer county here. because GB is only 100 miles south of us. And i am unable to see you or the team live. hell half the time can not c u guys on tv cause of the packer game ( up here) . So, thank you again for your comments . glad some of the team cares about us. nice to see …
    I would of loved seeing u and barry play together . with matt ,u , barry , pen, /heller or sch. All i can say is if we only win one game year i would wish it to be in green bay.

49. By Cheryl on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Calvin I became a LIONS fan just because of you.I stick by my family been watching you ever since you were with GT.Every time I came to Ga.I’m watching you play we don’t get all the games up north.Keep up the good work.I have a lot of fans for you in New Jersey.We’ll meet 1 day.God Bless You

50. By Nicholas P on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Proud to be a Lions fan and have Calvin Johnson rep the city. Such a humble athlete with a massive skill set. Best I’ve ever seen at the WR position. When it is all said and done, the Lions will produce the best RB of all-time(Barry Sanders!) and best WR of all-time(Calvin “Megatron” Johnson). Lets build up the secondary and make a run at a ring. Calvin, you were unreal to watch in Tampa Bay last year. Great win, I’m glad I watched that game in person!

51. By ski70 on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

youre the best thing to happen to our team since Barry Sanders. You and Matt have given a lot of the forgotton fans hope we havnt had in many years.,This team is a big deal to us, the reason i have sunday ticket in florida. Thanks CJ

52. By jay pearce on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

You are awesome! You signed a purse for my daughter and yhen also signed for everyone who had something that needed signing. Other players didnt look up at us and the other kids, you were patient and mDe everyone happy. Then a kid beside me dropped the ticket you signed and you came back and handd it to him. Class act all the way!

53. By Anthony Miller on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Well CJ i’m not a lions fan becaus of u!! I’m glad that your a part of the team that I luv and root for!! I bleed honolulu blue and silver!!! I’ve been a lions fan since I was 2 and i’m 42 now. I’m glad that u realize that some people can’t afford to go to games sometimes! I took my wife and kids to the minn gm this yr and I was in the endzone 1st row!!! My son had your jersey on and one of the trainers b4 the gm came over and handed my son a white velcro rag!! He sleeps with that thing and wears it in the backyard with your jersey on and plays football!! Well u know we lost 20-13 my son was so hurt and on thankgiving he cried!! It’s funny cause thats what I used to do when I was 6 and rooting 4 the lions!!! I’m just wanna see the Lions win a SuperBowl b4 I die!!! We’ve had teams b4 when Barry played and those teams didn’t capitalize on the talent!!! Urge your superiors to add the necessary pieces 2 help u out (offensively and defensively)!!! We need to have a sense of urgency while we have u and other talent around u to just add a few more key pieces!!! Players like u only come around once about every other decade!!! I’m rooting for u and the lions!!!! You’re gonna break the record by the way!!! Next year lets get that Superbowl CJ!!! Good luck!!! GO LIONS!!!!

54. By mitch on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Cj, you are a fine human being. And an incredible football player. You remind me of another Great Lion Receiver I had the pleasure to ever so briefly meet. Several years ago, I took my young boys to a Lions camp. It was to be Barry Sanders’ final season. As we stood in the autograph line after the afternoon practice, the kids were nervous and excited to meet their hero’s, Herman Moore and Robert Porcher. We were about a 3rd of the way through, almost to the table of players, when the mc grabbed the mic and said, “Sorry everyone, but that’s all the time the guys have now”. Needless to say, their were many VERY disappointed kids, standing in the line. Here’s where the good part comes in…after a few seconds, Herman Moore stands up, talks to his teammates, talks to the MC and sits back down. The MC came back on the mic and said “Herman Moore says that they have plenty of time, and he and his teammates won’t leave, until all the kids get through the line”. As the mood lightens, we get up to the table and eventually to Herman. My youngest son shakes his hand wide-eyed and says…”Herman…You’re the Man!! Herman looks up at him and says,.”No little buddy, YOU”RE the man”. I shook his hand and told him how much we all appreciated him as a player, and for hanging around for an extra 45 minutes. He thanked me and said with a grin…”These kids are why I’m here”. I was totally blown away by his attitude, and Impressed with his character. How’s that for a role model!! Now I highly doubt that HM would remember that 30 seconds in time, and my young son didn’t grasp it, but it’s something that i never forgot. He was the definition of Class…and Mr. Calvin Johnson, be proud…You are in THAT league!!!

55. By STL Lions Fan on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Mr. J

You are one class act. Wish there were more athletes like you.

Go Lions!

56. By sam johnson on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

You are a man of good man, a humble guy, qualities of a Muslim, I pray God brings you to Islam so you could have the best of both worlds, this life and the next!

57. By Jeffery Giuliani on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

Hey Calvin,

It is a pleasure watching you play. I feel bad that, like Barry, a world class talent goes to waste in that place where sports dreams go to die, The Detroit Lions. You see so many teams go from just a few wins to the super bowl or go on to become contenders year after year. We get that one season every 10 years or so then back to the basement. I have always been a hard core Lions fan though and I always will be. But 44 years on this earth in this town you just realize you will only see glimpses of things that could be. So here is to a high draft pick next year, which apparently will be a WR again since that is all the Lions seem to draft lately (sorry RR). Looking forward to next year. Keep up the high class that you are.

58. By Erges on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

Hey, I live thousands of miles away from the D, but its blue collar attitude has been so helpful for me. And who better than you can represent that city. All hail MEGATRON.

59. By Darren Hensley on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

Hey boy just want to thank u for all the hard work u do on and off the field. u are the most humble and respectful team player i have seen in a long time. its always about your brothers that you suite up with every day. your leadership is off the chart. you show up every game play hard banged up or not cause u love the game. i am sure you love the money to but every lions fan knows it’s not all about them bills with you. i love that we the fans share this brotherhood with u and every detroit lion player in history. we are behind u and the lions on this race to rice keep on ballin.

60. By Dillon on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

hey C.J, you really are the main factor in the lions offense and i just want you to know you have motivated me and influenced me a whole lot. I also want you to know that every lions fan is behind you on your record race with jerry. Thanks again Calvin.

61. By Skip Berry on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

CJ thank you for being as great of a person as you are a football player.

You make us proud not only every Sunday but every day!

You are a class act and more players in professional sports should follow your example.

Lions fans love you!

62. By Douglas McClung on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations for the outstanding season your having!…I’m hoping that not only you set the record, but you crush it by reaching the 2,000 mark! Thank you for giving all Lions fans something to be proud of…you and Matt together are an awesome duo.More so…thank you for giving my son someone to look up to that is a class act in everyway…we all need our heros,and a lot less zeros.Keep up the hard work,and the Super Bowl will come this way some day soon!!!

63. By Aron on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

CJ – I’m sure you already have, but I hope you share that story with your teamates. That’s some seriously inspirational stuff man. If everyone could play like that, for the reasons you do, there’s no limit to what you could accomplish as a team.

64. By André Roth on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations!

Here in Brazil you have many fans.
    I watch the Lions games in Rio de Janeiro and dream for a league game at the Maracana stadium.

André

65. By Melissa on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

Hey Calvin,
    I just wanted to let you know that you are an outstanding player and I’m so glad that you are representing Detroit as part of the Lions. When the going gets tough, you still get going and we all need to see that. You are setting some good examples for our youth, showing them regardless of the situation that you always give your best ~ so high five to you =) because like your coach said, you never know whose watching. Stay healthy and may you continue to be blessed!

66. By frank on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

the lions will get home field advantage in the playoffs next year. they have played with the best teams & are just a couple of key players away, in the secondary. lions 42 green bay 27 calvin johnson & stafford are the best 2 players in the nfl. dominate, have fun, & win out!

67. By LionHeart on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

Wow, this guy just comes on the site and thanks all the fans in the middle of the week, basically just because he wants to. What a class act. Couldn’t be happier to have Calvin Johnson on our team.

68. By larry s on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

If we can beat green bay..and a couple of teams lose..were still in it..we can get in at 8-8 with a little help.tell the guys to keep playing with “the heart of a lion”.good luck and thank you mr johnson.

69. By Jim on Dec 8, 2012 | Reply

Calvin you are the Man bro and destined to be one of the greatest recievers of all time …

70. By Miranda on Dec 9, 2012 | Reply

You, my friend, are truly a class act. I am so glad that you told your story about motivation. That is truly inspiring. I have never been to a Lion’s game, cannot afford it, but I am the Lion’s biggest fan! I will one day make it to one! My only note is, if Stafford is not cutting it, have them to put Hill in! He knows what he is doing and is just as good as Stafford. Keep it up, you guys are looking good out there this year! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, all of The Lions, Coaching staff and owners, and to your families! Now kick some butt tonight!!!

71. By Bill on Dec 9, 2012 | Reply

Calvin,
    I just watched the football life about Barry Sanders, and when I think of Barry’s greatness, even though it is a different position, I honestly think of you. From your outstanding highlight reels to your grounded selfless acts as a Detroit Lion Player. You, IMO, are as modest as they come, and I easily put you in the same class as Barry. What I like about you is that you haven’t changed, like most stars do and that is amazing. I heard this saying once about Barry Sanders and think it applies to you my friend, “When god made Calvin Johnson, not even he knew what he had created”. Keep up the greatness and keep your head up, because it will all pay off soon.

72. By Greg on Dec 10, 2012 | Reply

You have all this talent, but you don’t know how to win. come on, I don’t have a whole lot of time to see you win a superbowl, it’s been over 50 years now, what are you the cubs?

73. By John on Dec 10, 2012 | Reply

Calvin, Do you as an offensive player get totally miffed when your half goes out there to bust your butt to put points on the board just to see the defense turn around and give them right back? Seriously, the guys on your defense can´t stop anybody! Whatś wrong with the likes of Suh, Fairley, and company? You can´t tell me that Suh doesn´t go out of his way to inflict damage to the opposing teams quarterback or running back with a couple of extra steps and a forearm to the head or a stomp, or an extra hard throwdown.? These guys need dicipline and your coaching staff lets it go. I´m sorry but they need to get your team some better coaches to utilize you and your teamates talents. There´s no reason you and your team should not be contenders. You have the talent. Make Detroit a winner for a change.

74. By john on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

Calvin, i want to say on behalf of all lions fans its a pleasure to see what you have done these last couple years. I am a live long N.Y. but im forever a lions fan. for all those people who say “your from Ny, how can you like the lions?” I say whats ny got? a loud moth coach and the empire state building? I have lived in Ny my whole life the greatest moment of my life was in 2010 going to the Holloween game where you guys crushed the redskins! its not our year this year but man it sure does feel good to finally see the lions with high expectations! thank you and all the lions! blue and silver 4 life!!!

75. By Tracyy on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply

You’re an amazing person Calvin Johnson! From your outstanding football skills to the humble and caring person you are in society, you are a leader and a role model in multiple ways! I am blessed to have you on my favorite team and look forward to watching you next season! :)