Broyles: “Nothing is going to stop me from coming back”

Posted by Tara Altman on December 20, 2012 – 3:57 pm

“Obviously, it was a very disappointing to end my season, once again, with an ACL tear versus Indianapolis. The opportunities that I got this year, I made the best of them and I was continuing to build a comfort level with Matt and the offensive coordinator, and just getting back to my normal form, like I used to play at OU.

“To end the season this way, it’s no way to start your rookie campaign, to go out with a knee injury; but I’m in high spirits. I know what to expect and I’m definitely going to get back there on the field. I’ve already shown that I can make it back from one, and nothing is going to stop me from coming back from another one.

“They say it’s always easier to come back after the second ACL and I could already tell that in the first 12 days after surgery. I know what to expect, I know what level I have to push, what soreness to expect, and I definitely know the rehab protocol. I wake up everyday looking forward to making myself better, to fight through this and get back on the field next year.

“I’ve talked to a couple of guys that have gone through the same situation. I just have to continue to push forward and stay positive through this whole thing. I’m about 14 days into rehab now and everyday my leg is getting stronger and more sturdy.

“This offseason I was looking forward to relaxing. Last year I had to go to the combine and prepare for that, didn’t really have much of an offseason with my knee and now I’m in the same situation this year. I’m just going to continue to push forward, come back stronger and healthier than I did this year. I know what’s ahead of me, so I’m looking forward to being a better player next year.

“I definitely enjoyed the season, I enjoyed being a Lion. It was great playing next to Calvin Johnson, the best receiver in the NFL, and I definitely took a lot from him. He’s a positive guy, he’s been on my side this whole season, keeping my head right, trying to help me develop, stay humble and continue to push forward and perfect my craft.

“I appreciate all the support I’ve gotten up to this point and I look forward to making you guys happy in the future.”

Tags: ,
Posted in Ryan Broyles Blog | 13 Comments »

13 Responses to “Broyles: “Nothing is going to stop me from coming back””

1. By Joshua D on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

No matter what, I am still a Lion. A true fan sticks by his team no matter what, in good and the bad.

I pray for a successful recovery! And always, ” Restore the Roar” not just in Detroit, but for the whole State of Michigan!!!

2. By Lions Roar on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Ryan i just love your attitude, your going to make a great Detroit Lion in the coming years. I was happy the Lions drafted you and i can’t wait for next year. Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

3. By mark K on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Ryan hope you come back stronger like A Peterson our team really needs another great receiver. Good luck, always a Lions Fan!

4. By Soph on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Broyles has been a blessing. I’ve lived in Michigan most of my life but currently reside in Texas, so I did get a chance to see Broyles play in college. Very good ball player and the nice bonus is that he is great human being. Hard working, good attitude, reliable, hungry, humble, just an all around positive figure. With all of the negative media exposure that the Lions have been getting all year, Broyles has been one of the few bright spots. I wish you a speedy recovery. Maintain that mentality. You have the support of more than your family, friends, and team mates, you also have the support of your fans as well. Although this year was not what we expected, the future looks promising.

5. By simms on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Joshua, Good or Bad? really, can you tell me when the good was? Was it back in 1957? You must be a fan of losing, I rode this train too long and it keeps the same path, so I am getting off, let me know when the OWNERSHIP CHANGES AND THEN I WILL GET BACK ON!

6. By Nichole on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

We look forward to you coming back also!! Keep your head up and keep pushing!! Good luck!! Go Lions!!

7. By Paul on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Ryan you are learning from the best. Calvin will teach you as long as you are willing to listen and apply what he says and does. Owens did not listen enough even though he had the god given talent and a great teacher in Jerry. You will do fine. Stay strong, stay the course and great things will come. RESTORE the ROAR will come sooner than you think!!!

8. By Paul on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Dear Mr. Simms,

I am paying forward good thoughts for a return of the roar. Die hard Lion fans or fans of any team stay true through good or bad. I know deep down inside you are a Lions fans. No matter what.

9. By rockbo1955 on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

can not wait to see you on the field again great atitude!

10. By thallusphx on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

good for broyles. anyone opposite of CJ should get throws as well. Make the best of them.

11. By Shane on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

Good riddance simms Lions don’t need fair weather fans! Good luck with your recovery Broyles, looking forward to seeing you back in action in 2013.

12. By LionHeart on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

It was great seeing you on the field for the Lions in 2012. You bring a lot to the team and I look forward to many more years of you slipping defenders. Take care and get better.

13. By Ken on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Broyles, do you have any relatives that play offensive line, linebacker, defensive back, punt returner, offensive coordinator or receiver? I think that just about covers our needs. I truly think that to make it to the NFL level you have talent. The difference is attitude. Terrell Owens was talented but had a piss poor attitude. He could have been great but that is not how he will be remembered. Great attitude Ryan. Go Lions.