Ryan Broyles already running after ACL surgery

Posted by ttwentyman on February 4, 2013 – 1:33 pm

Ryan Broyles

Detroit Lions receiver Ryan Broyles ramped up his rehab from ACL surgery on Monday as he began running.

Broyles Tweeted a picture of himself in the Lions’ state of the art training and rehab facility in Allen Park in one of their running pools.

Broyles, who suffered an ACL tear in his right knee against the Colts Dec. 2, is hopeful he’ll be ready to go Week 1 of the regular season in 2013, just like he was last year after going through the same type of recovery.

The Lions’ second-round pick last year has been through this process before. He was just getting back to 100 percent from a torn ACL in his left knee suffered during his senior year at Oklahoma almost a year prior when he injured the other knee.

“Very (disappointing),” Broyles said of the injury after the season. “Working my way back just to play football. I just want to be out there as much as possible. That being taken away from me was a tough situation for all the time I put into it. I’m just looking to get back out there.”

Broyles had surgery two weeks later than he did last season, but said knowing what to expect this time and when he should reach benchmarks in his recovery should help him even more this time around.

“Going through the process last time with the injury that I had I understand what I have to do this time to come back,” he said.

“I’m looking forward to the challenge. I’m always up for it. Definitely shooting for Week 1.”

Posted in Lions Insider Tim Twentyman, Ryan Broyles Blog | 17 Comments »

17 Responses to “Ryan Broyles already running after ACL surgery”

1. By Soulman45 on Feb 4, 2013 | Reply

I hope he get back in good shape the team will need him for the passing game after they draft a WO at the top of the draft.

2. By LionHeart on Feb 4, 2013 | Reply

Good luck to Ryan. Can’t wait to see him back on the field. He’s like 7-11 out there.

3. By firststrategic on Feb 4, 2013 | Reply

Ryan, Stick with the rehab, and get well because the Lions desperately need a new #2 man for when Burelson retires. I am hopeful that Titus Young is being traded, and that the coaching staff gives some serious consideration to the backups from last year. However, you clearly would be the #2 man behind CJ, who is clearly #1 WR on this and every other team.

4. By dmick on Feb 4, 2013 | Reply

The Lions must pick up some free agents there is not enough draft picks to fill all the needs.
    1. Andy Levitre Guard- a must to help out right side.
    2. Fernando Velazco – He’s ok but I would draft a center let him compete with Raiola. Eventually Starting in 2013 over Raiola.
    3. Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings
    4. Sign Avril and get fast motor Demontre Moore
    5. You must sign Byrd if too much then Goldson at safety while singing Delmas.

That means you need to release Peterman, Raiola ,Best, Hanson and KVB and redo Staffords and Suh’s contract. Keep Best if he can play.You probable will get Avril for 7 to 8 mil on a 5 year contract. You will have enough cash to pay your new upgraded players.

5. By Tom Turvey on Feb 4, 2013 | Reply

Keep it up Ryan, before too long they will call you and Calvin the transformers ; one on each side! No matter embrace what God gives you and work your ass off! I believe you will be an inspiration for your teammates, when you are comeback player of the year! Peace brother, out!

6. By Rebelyankee on Feb 4, 2013 | Reply

They better not draft a WR at the top of the draft !!!

7. By Black Wolf Standing on Feb 4, 2013 | Reply

Hey Ryan Broyles (or Mr. Broyles),
    I hope you a speedy and full recovery. The Lions will need you in 2013. Never settle for second, always try for first. But if you are the number 2 receiver, being second to Calvin Johnson is no shame.
    Good Luck to all the other Lions. It takes a unique individual to become a member of a championship team. Even stronger character than most have to build their team into a champion. The road is tough. In the end, there are no guarantees that signing with another team for more money will get you there. Only through hard work and tremendous effort and sacrifice will you ever reach your goals.
    GO LIONS!

8. By Beowulf on Feb 4, 2013 | Reply

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery, Ryan. You showed some flashes of what you’re capable of, and once you’re ready to go I think you will be a standout on this team, in this league, and a great addition in the receiving corps along with Calvin and Nate.

9. By xplicitpits on Feb 4, 2013 | Reply

Keep doing it Broyles! I got faith in you! Go Lions!

10. By rockbo1955 on Feb 5, 2013 | Reply

Broyles has a great character quoted by CJ he will a bigger part in the offense ! I believe Dee Williams and the running back from UNC and another wr and get picks for some of the free agents !

11. By 7nationals on Feb 5, 2013 | Reply

Man, Detroit is a Graveyard for OU players, Steve Owens, and the list goes on. I certainly hope Ryan recovers like AD did. Ryan is a very special young man and we wish him all the best.

12. By Jack Jarvis on Feb 5, 2013 | Reply

Love that kid. Thought he was the steal of the draft and still do. Good luck, Ryan. come back and do what you did before the injury and we’ll be great!

13. By Soph on Feb 5, 2013 | Reply

God speed in your recovery. We;ll be looking forward to seeing you back on the field.

14. By Kups on Feb 5, 2013 | Reply

Congrats on a solid first year. Good luck with the rehab and looking forward to seeing you out there week 1

15. By Jukemove on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

Broyles you are more of a Pro than what you may think. Keep working cause you are a special talent.

16. By LaRoice Turner on Feb 7, 2013 | Reply

Get healthy soon Ryan! I am looking forward to the 2013 season!

17. By LaRoice Turner on Apr 26, 2013 | Reply

I am glad to hear you are making progress Ryan. Keep up the good work cause we are all looking forward to you making plays this year.