Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on April 15, 2013 – 2:36 pm

“Since I’ve signed, things have been good. My mind’s been all over the place with the baby on the way and we’re still trying to find a place to live here. It’s kind of like being pulled in different directions. I’m trying to enjoy one thing, but I can’t too much because I’ve got to focus on something else. It’s been good, though. I’ve been enjoying it. They are all good things, so that makes it easier.

“I just sold my condo in New Orleans. I was in New Orleans, then we had the condo in Miami and then we live in LA in the offseason. Luckily I did the smarter thing in Miami and I only rented out there, otherwise I would have been stuck with three residencies, plus here. But we were smart about that. Now, just LA and here.

“My fiance’s name Lilit. She’s Armenian and just got her citizenship, actually. She speaks Russian, Armenian, English, she’s learning Spanish now.  She wants to speak Russian/Armenian to the baby first, which I like, because that way she grows up knowing multiple languages.

“The baby will be in LA. Well, she’s going to be in LA because her family lives 15-20 minutes away from us. So she’s going to need that support system while I’m here for a few days out of each week. Then I’ll be home. Depending on which week it is, I’ll be home on a Thursday or a Wednesday and come back here Sunday. I’ll just have to deal with travel. I’m going to rack up a lot of sky miles, I know that.

“I’m very excited. Very excited about the baby. It’s our first one and couldn’t have come at a better time. I don’t know if there’s ever a perfect time to have a baby because you can always find excuses like, ‘Well, I’m still trying to do this.’ I just think, for me, it came at a good time when I needed it to just kind of put in my head my direction in life. It just made it more simple. It couldn’t have come with a better person. Someone I really love and care about. It’s great. It really worked out perfect.

“As far as football, I’ve been looking at the playbook. The thing I really like about this team, this offense, is it’s everything that I’ve already done. It’s everything that I already know and the terminology is very easy, so it makes sense. I’ve been in teams and systems where a lot of it doesn’t make sense. You just have to remember it.

“So now you’re kind of playing this remembering game. You can deal with it, but it makes it so much easier to play faster when it just makes sense. I literally just finished talking through everything with Stafford. I already feel like I’ve been in this offense for years.

“The last two years, we didn’t have the passing attack that I had when I was New Orleans or that they have here. So we ran the ball a lot more. I enjoyed it because I was getting involved more — I got to touch the ball more — and I got to show that I can do both. It was more of a running-attack offense. It’s tough to win in an offense like that because this is a quarterback-driven league. If you don’t have a good passing attack, you aren’t going to survive.”

Posted in Reggie Bush Blog | 27 Comments »

27 Responses to “Reggie Bush spoke with Matthew Stafford and “already feel(s) like I’ve been in this offense for years””

1. By Marcus on Apr 15, 2013 | Reply

First of all Reggie congrads on the baby. And just bring your game every sunday man and have fun alot of fire power here so enjoy the ride.

2. By Mark on Apr 15, 2013 | Reply

Welcome to the Lions Reggie, and congratulations on the baby you two have on the way!! I feel like your skill set is the missing piece up here we are looking forward to watching you guys go off!

3. By Raj P on Apr 15, 2013 | Reply

Congrats on the baby! We are expecting our first baby this October as well so I need to find her a pink Lions onesie by then.

I can’t wait to see you out there on the field with Stafford, Megatron and the rest of the guys. Sky is the limit for this offense and with you in the mix I’m hoping to see more of the explosive plays out of the backfield that Lions fans have been missing since Jahvid went down a couple years ago.

Time to restore the roar…go Lions!!!

4. By Jerry harty on Apr 15, 2013 | Reply

Already got your jersey,looking forward to watching you play with us,GO LIONS

5. By patriot1998 on Apr 15, 2013 | Reply

Welcome to Detroit Reggie! I speak for myself and a lot of my friends when I say, we are looking forward to watching the team on Sundays. The team is poised to succeed and so are you!

6. By Mikes on Apr 15, 2013 | Reply

The best thing about signing him wasn’t his talents, which are phenomenal. No, it’s his excellent attitude. Consummate professional. This team last year at this time was full of negative attitude and actions. A player like Bush, with his star power and talent, can turn that around. Hope you stick around Reggie! Maybe make michigan a semi permanent home some day. You have an entire mitten shaped state who has you back. Maybe even some yoopers, though I’ve seen a few more cheese heads there than lions fans. Guess they haven’t gotten the memo that the roars been restored!

7. By Jay1978fan on Apr 15, 2013 | Reply

Congrats Reggie on the newborn!!! First baby and first Superbowl for Detroit! Sounds like a GREAT YEAR to be a LIONS FAN!

8. By Shane Fountain on Apr 15, 2013 | Reply

all I know reggie is this with you came alot of anticipation , excitement , and anxiety now we are all ready for our boys to do what we know they are acapapble of doing and with u i think and NO I Know we have the all the pieces in place offensively now we need 1 or 2 more on defense and it will be all systems go lets make the run to where ever the supierowl is this year and shock the world we love that your a ion reggie !!!!! cant wait to see u blow the doors off the defenses this season

9. By Me on Apr 15, 2013 | Reply

You sound like pretty dumb person Reggie and a fyuck. better show up on game day or I’ll be rooting for the Patriots like I wind up doing every year.

10. By Randy McElfresh on Apr 15, 2013 | Reply

I can’t believe someone is going to make fun of an athlete that loves his family and is excited to be here in Detroit! Reggie, I think you will be great here and I know our fans are the best and will love your presence!

11. By simms on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

What possesses a man to wear a jersey with another man’s name on it? I would not ever wear another man’s name on my shirt, strange, gay.

12. By LionHeart on Apr 16, 2013 | Reply

Thanks for posting this, Reggie. Welcome to Detroit. Super exciting season on the way. Have fun out there.
    Oh, and get Ryan Broyles to start posting his blog again. :3

2. Justin Pugh OT
    3. William Gholston DE
    4. Sean Porter OLB or Larry Warford OG
    5. Chris Gragg TE
    6 TJ McDonald S or Tavarres KIng WR

15. By Troy on Apr 17, 2013 | Reply

Reggie!!! Very excited to have you on our team! There is a very strong positive feeling that seems to be coming over all of us this year. Please just focus on staying healthy and most of all grounded. Do not let the hype get into your head man. Go get em LIONS!!! All the way boyeeeee….

16. By defenze on Apr 18, 2013 | Reply

Welcome to Detroit, hope you enjoy yourself here and congrats on the family.

2013 Draft
    1. Best OT or trade down and bpa preferably G
    2. Highest rated CB or DE (Love to see Trufant or Taylor)
    3. Highest rated CB, DE, or G. (Maybe someone to learn under Raiola for a year)
    4. Gholston here would be a huge steal
    5. Ontario Mccaleb (May be small but he could be dynamic KR/PR and 4wr/rb.
    6. Punter or BPA
    7. BPA

17. By Bill Christner on Apr 18, 2013 | Reply

Reggie,
    Hope you won’t pay any attention to a lot of the negative stuff that people are writing on this comments page.
    As a long time Lions fan, I know I speak for the majority in wishing you and
    your future wife Lilit congrats and best of luck on you new baby.
    We also welcome you with open arms to “our” Detroit Lions and hope you can
    finally bring some excitement to our running game. We have been waiting a
    long time for someone like you!
    Again, Best of Luck
    Go Lions!!!!

18. By dmick on Apr 18, 2013 | Reply

Pick up Brandan Albert for a 3rd next year

1. Jarvis Jones OLB
    2. Terrance Williams WR
    3. William Gholston DE
    4. Chris Gragg TE
    5. Robert Alford
    6. Markus Lattimore or Kenny Stills

19. By kiya on Apr 18, 2013 | Reply

im glad we got reggie bush i hope he can help them win a champioship

20. By dmick on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

As I see it you lost games because of the following weakness:

1. No continuity in backfield no duel safety help and lack of talent CB position
    2. No change of pace RB no RB speedy screen threat
    3. No OLB help loss with Indy and AP..Vikes.. running wild on outside (one side)
    4. No push on DE to help CB
    5. Many special teams mistakes especially by Logan
    6. No deep threat no help for Calvin double team
    7. Inconsistent play by TE hurt scoring TD

So what has been resolved in FA?

Number 1 with Quinn and Delmas and Houston but still CB void
    Number 2 with Bush and 2nd yr with Leshore should help

As I see it you have two choices for first round that 1 player can help in two spots
    1. Jarvis Jones – outside playmaker at linebacker and 28 sacks in college as DE
    2. Tavon Austin- deep threat help Calvin double coverage and homerun kick return

pick your double threat player for number one pick but remember you can find a good WR in the second round to help Calvin and 4 to 5 round to find sppedy kick returner.

21. By dmick on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

I’m sorry Jarvis Jones will be a triple threat:

He will help you with number one why because a good pass rush can help any CB weakness. He can tackle and you need help against AP on the outside. Bears also took advantage of it with Forte on screens and outside runs. He obviously can help with problem number four with an outside pass rush you cant let rogers and cutler sit back and pick you apart.

22. By Don on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

I am Very happy to have you here Reggie! I Cannot wait to see you in action.
    I and Many others were here when Barry was running our turf against all those defensive Teams, while they were scratching their heads. Or rather hitting themselves on the side of their helmets! It was a Lot of fun.
    And I’m sure that it will be fun watching you tearing it up! I believe that the sky is the Limit for this Team this year. This is truly the Most excited I have been about this Team in a Very Long time. And ALL I can see is Playoff Bound Men in Lions uniforms. I have truly been a believer since Lewand, Mayhew and Schwartz started Putting this Team together about three years ago or 4 years?
    I believe in the way that they said that they were going to build it and they have been doing that every year since. There are a lot of fans that think that things should have changed after last year. Coaching and what Not. Not here! Not Me!
    Follow this Coaching staff, believe in them because they know what they are doing. I am very disappointed when I hear anyone saying other wise.
    I truly believe that this Team just happened to get a little shell shocked from the good year in 2011. and maybe got a little ahead of themselves and well that’s what happened and happens to a lot of Teams.
    This is a Great Team with Great players, and even though there has been a few setbacks with some of the players, This TEAM is going to pull it back together and get the Job done! Reggie you are now a Part of a truly great TEAM that is on the rise! And You have a Ton of good, Hard working players that really WANT to win. And I mean they want to win it All! And I for one believe that this Lions Team is going to do what so many others work so hard to try to do and just didn’t have it. This Lions TEAM has IT! And I can’t wait to watch this TEAM GO AND GET IT!
    This Lions TEAM Can and I believe will Win the Superbowl. This Year? Next year? This year and next year.
    To Me, I see a dynasty here! I hope that I get to see all of it!
    I LOVE THIS TEAM! GO LIONS!
    Thank you Reggie for coming to help out !

23. By Don on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

I wish that this site would set something up for the Facebook people and for us guy’s that just don’t want to be on Facebook. I mean I have read the Facebook stuff and they aren’t any nicer sometimes than anyone else. Not that they are worse either for that matter.
    I would like to say a Little about the draft also.
    For me I was or am hoping for One of the OT’s that are going to be a hot commodity at the top of the draft. And Like fisher Jeokle or fisher, there is even another really top notch OT Too. Just can’t remember his name. (: LOL
    But if they are gone and if Ansah goes before we get to him, I would take ansah at 5 because this kid might be Raw right now, BUT, He will become a beast on someones defense sooner or later. He is allready a beast but once he has it all down. WOW!
    If Not any of these guy’s Though I really love the Idea of Dion Jordan! He is another beast and if he stay’s healthy all of his career. Another WOW! But I believe Dion Jordan will become one faster THAN ALL THE REST. Sorry about the bold letter’s.
    If Dion is Gone Then there is the Safe Pick and one that I am TOTALLY super excited about if he fit’s what we need and he is the best there at that time.
    Chance Warmack!!!!! WOW! RIGHT NOW WOW! I love Warmack ! when I think of him all I can see is RBs going thru the line and WAY UP the field. Touchdown! YEA BABY ! YEA !
    I really don’t like to say this because it is kind of a cut on a player. But, if it were me I would not pick Barkevious Mingo. This is not because of character issue’s!
    I have watched some film and have read that there are times that mingo goes so fast that he can completely miss the whole play. Run right out of it right past it.
    And as far as getting the sacks he get’s them. As far as Tackling RBs ? He doesn’t do as much of that. I am sure that these things can be coached into him so that he becomes a much more patient DE. That catches most of the plays.
    Who knows With coaching maybe he turns out to be a Hall of Famer some day.
    I have one more thing then I’ll shut my trap.
    Taking Dee Milliner with the 5th pick in this Draft I believe would be a Big mistake.
    Maybe I’m wrong? But, I don’t think so. Milliner is a fast powerful CB. and if I thought that he was a true shutdown Corner I would be clammering for him.
    I just don’t believe that he is. A good CB YES! Fast CB YES! Shutdown CB NO!
    I have watched video on at least 4 other CBs coming out this year.That have been at the Top of THEIR game. and would rate them as good, and with two of them, One is from Washington state I believe that they run kneck and kneck and maybe a little ahead of Milliner. It is not that Milliner isnt any good or that I don’t like him or anything. It seems to me that with this years Draft it is like that with a lot of positions, There are a ton of Players that are running so close that it is allmost weird. Anyway’s this is probably why you guy’s are going the Facebook way.
    Because of long winded bags like me. I’m done!
    I love this Coaching staff and office staff. Because I know that your going to get it right! GO LIONS!

24. By derick cleveland on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

well first I am still out on Linehans abilities be an in game adjuster, I love the Lions and unless I get the NFL Network where i can choose which games I want this season then I am beat cause I just Moved far south as one can be being a Lion fan

25. By Eric Kirvan on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

As anxious as I am to see how exciting our offense will be with Reggie, I’m more interested in what he brings to the table as a Super Bowl winning veteran who has seen the good and the ugly of the NFL.
    The biggest need for this team is not listed in any of the other comments: DISCIPLINE. We need discipline and veteran leadership. We need a guy who’s been through winning it all AND who’s been to the bottom. Someone with perspective on what it takes to win.
    I don’t know if Reggie is that guy, but he is the only SB winning player we’ve brought in. I was skeptical of him when he left New Orleans (as somewhat of a disappointment IMO). I didn’t think he could be an every down back; I was wrong.

His two years in Miami were surprising to many of us, but showed a level of commitment and discipline that appears to be missing in this organization over the last 2-3 years.

So welcome Mr. Bush. Forgive me for being less excited than some, but I have been a Lions fan for over 40 years and learned to curb my enthusiasm in April.

If you, Tully, Staff, Megatron & Suh can form a leadership team even half as formidable as your combined talents than I think this team can go far.

Good luck!! Congratulations on the coming baby!!!

26. By Detroit Panther1 on Apr 25, 2013 | Reply

Welcome to Detroit. Glad to have you with US! Would love to see you guys in those Barry Sanders style “Restore the Roar” uniforms for the Thanksgiving Day Game. You guys could bring the “Silverdome Roar” to Ford Field and turn it into the “Ford Field Dome” where, like the “Silverdome”, nobody would want to play you guys. Congratulations on blessed event.

27. By Detroit Panther1 on Apr 25, 2013 | Reply

Reggie. Your former team mate Marcus Thigpen was one of my Detroit Panther Detroit PAL players.