Slay: “I’ve been on the field two days now, and it feels good to get moving.”

Posted by Tara Altman on June 4, 2013 – 3:51 pm

Darius Slay

CB Darius Slay

“I’ve been on the field two days now, and it feels good to get moving. I feel comfortable right now and I’m blessed to be out there, so I’m just having a good time. I’m feeling real good physically, I’m just waiting for coach Schwartz to give me the go call, so I can go for the whole time, but I guess they’re going to be patient and wait. It is a little bit difficult to be held back, but it’s for my safety and I understand that.

“Chris (Houston) is continuing to coach me up. The first day that I got a little more activity in he talked to me about the coverage and what I should do here, depending on what happens there, etc., so he helped me a lot – him and Ron (Bartell).

“Next week is mini-camp, I’m just taking it one day at a time. Like I said, I’m just ready for the go call, but I’m looking forward to next week. I’m ready. I’m ready to participate in everything we do, go at it and get better.”

Tags: , ,
Posted in Darius Slay Blog | 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Slay: “I’ve been on the field two days now, and it feels good to get moving.””

1. By little on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

Welcome to the D young man, and take your time returning from injury. Just from a fan point of view, it is easy to see the improvement in our secondary this year. Key signings, free agent and returners, have shown that our ownership is committed to making the back-half just as impressive as the front. If our newly improved wide-9 can provide consistent pressure, there is no reason why we shouldn’t have THE best secondary in the NFC, and probably all of football. I am excited about the prospect of having size, speed, hands, and tackling ability added by Quin, Greenwood, and Slay to go along with the draft-picks from last year that played (in my eyes) much better than expected. Bartell and Carey add experience and depth, not to mention some real ability. Looks good on paper, but it means nothing without hard work on and off the field! GO LIONS!!!

2. By broccolilava on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

Thanks for the update! Stay real, Mr. Slay.

3. By juice5114 on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

so glad to hear that but be cautious pls with that knee

4. By Thomas jones on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

I know the lions need cb depth so can you check out my bro dwayne Hollis from nc Wesleyan youtube him dwayne Hollis

5. By Eric on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

Fired up!! Ready to go!!!!

6. By Don on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

It is Great to see you getting better. And it is even better to hear that enthusiasm coming from you Darius! I really have a lot of faith in the secondary Unit that we are going to have this coming Year. We have talent stacked up in this unit this year where last year we had a lot of hard working men with a lot of injuries. and yes, easy do it on the Knee and go when they say go. I am really excited to have you as part of our Lions Team here in the “D” ! And to the Unit as a whole stick together and Make good things happen! And Win,Win,Win!
    GO LIONS!

7. By Karen Wixon on Jun 9, 2013 | Reply

I’ve been a Lions “fan” as long as I can remember .I remember EVERY Sunday w/my Dad & Grandma watching the Game since ’66.They are both gone now , but as soon as the season starts there I am, Glued to the TV. haha!! Jersey on & Banner in my living rm. window . Game on Guys !! Looking forward to an awesome & winning season !! Love you guys !!!! :)

8. By nails on Jun 12, 2013 | Reply

Want it-Work it-Take it !.

9. By rockbo1955 on Jul 26, 2013 | Reply

Slay your the man this team needs keep learning and playing you can win the starting spot just keep the power up and take care of the knee i know it will be okay i was hoping the lions would pick you in the draft and when they did i was very happy ! I know you can be an outstanding player keep at it!