Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on June 17, 2013 – 11:32 am

bush-blog-061713“I got a lot out of this offseason. I really got into the flow, I think, of the offense and started to develop relationships with my teammates.

“I think we laid out a foundation and now we have to continue to build on that. With this time off, guys have got to be smart and just make sure that we’re staying in shape, doing the right things and making the right decisions on and off the field.

“Then when we get back, it’s full go. I thought my time was well spent in my offseason here. I learned a lot and I’m excited about this break. Then once training camp comes around, it’ll be time to go.

“Looking ahead to the next six weeks, I have enough experience now to where I know what my body needs, when I need it, how to stay in shape and when to turn it on right before training camp to get myself prepared for the long haul.

“I have a set program for myself. It won’t be as intense right now just because I’d like to taper it back a little bit and then pick it back up towards the middle of July, right before training camp.

“I think the key is to not overwork yourself because I think one thing that guys get caught up in is they train so hard that by the time they finish week one of training camp, they’re already drained.

“So I think there has to be a happy medium where you’re still training hard, but you’re not killing yourself and wearing yourself down. You still want to be in good shape, but at the same time you have to save something in the tank, too, because training camp is tough.”

Posted in Reggie Bush Blog | 6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Reggie Bush on the offseason: “I think we laid out a foundation and now we have to continue to build on that””

1. By brian freeman on Jun 17, 2013 | Reply

reggie i have been a big fan of yours for such a long time and i’ve always wanted you to come to the lions and then a wish came true your the game changer that we have needed and i got your jersey the second it hit goodluck and congrats on the baby man

2. By Carol Wadsworth on Jun 17, 2013 | Reply

well Reggie Bush sure hope you will be able to do the work u are supposed to do, saying you are ready and actually being ready are 2 different thingshope Stafford will be ready to go as well.im not getting over excited because I have as a fan been let down a lot. WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

3. By little on Jun 17, 2013 | Reply

Welcome to the D, and good luck this year Mr. Bush! I hope you are as good as advertised in the locker-room and better than advertised on the field. I liked you when you were a Saint (which you are one of two, Archie Manning being the other), and I rarely like non-Lions. God bless you and have a healthy and extremely productive year as we go on this Superbowl run. GO LIONS!!!!!

4. By Ryan on Jun 18, 2013 | Reply

I grew up watching Barry Sanders which is why I became a Lions fan. It has been a long time since I have been this excited to watch a Lions season. I have followed you since college and I think it is pretty awesome that you are in detroit now. Good luck Reggie I can’t wait to see you on the highlight real burning the Bears and everyone else.

5. By Mike Barnett on Jun 19, 2013 | Reply

That’s what this team needed was player’s like Bush, Megatron, and Suh. Guy’s that come in and put in the work and show the other player’s what it take’s to get “Better” Happy to have Bush here in the “D”.

6. By Dean Ford on Jun 20, 2013 | Reply

Let me say with a scat back like this….peed, and catch from the backfield…Something Detwa has not had in sometime. He is also a good leader

Bring back Mel Grey, and Willie Green!!!!