An early peek at the Lions’ 2014 schedule

Posted by ttwentyman on July 23, 2013 – 9:54 am

Fan excitementWith training camp just days away, Detroit Lions fans are just starting to get excited about the 2013 schedule.

But the NFL just released it’s annual Record & Fact Book for the 2013 season, which includes a partial 2014 schedule for the Lions.

The Lions will play teams from the NFC South and AFC East next year. They will host New Orleans and Tampa Bay from the South and will play at Atlanta and Carolina.

In the East, the Lions will host Buffalo and Miami and will travel to New England and the N.Y. Jets.

The Lions will host a to-be-determined NFC East team that finishes in the same place in their division in 2013, and will travel to an NFC West team for the second straight year.

The team will also play home and away games with Green Bay, Chicago and Minnesota, like always.

Exact dates won’t be announced until the spring.

Lions’ 2014 schedule

• Minnesota
  • Atlanta
  • Carolina
  • New England
  • New York Jets
  • NFC West team

8 Responses to “An early peek at the Lions’ 2014 schedule”

1. By Greg on Jul 23, 2013 | Reply

Wow! Let’s forget about 2014 and focus on the task at hand. There’s still lots of work to be done today. We need to prove that we’re able to beat the teams we need to beat this year in order to make the playoffs.

2. By jeff on Jul 23, 2013 | Reply

The lions dont travel to new england they host them…. come tim

3. By Don on Jul 23, 2013 | Reply

This Lions Team is coming together with more and more talent every year!
    I am expecting a Total change in the way that we will face our opponents. With our Offense and all the talent we have on it, I believe is going to be a surprise to the rest of the league. And our defense is the other surprise that is going to be a surprise for the league to see

4. By brad on Jul 23, 2013 | Reply

I read on nfl.com we are still working out NFL free agent WRs. I read some names but not a single mention of Brandon Lloyd, the best one that is still available. I have wondered why we have not tried to reach out to him since the Pats released him. I figured its because we have lots of confidence in Broyles, which I also do, when and if he stays healthy. With the recent developments I recently read tells me we are at least entertaining the idea of some depth. Go out and get Lloyd!!! Perfect #2 for across from megatron and allows Burleson to stay in the slot where he is best.

5. By Nick on Jul 23, 2013 | Reply

We need a player or two to run back kicks and punts. Then I can rest.

6. By Edy on Jul 24, 2013 | Reply

@brad Read this article. There were reasons why Lloyd was not resigned by the Pats. The last thing we need is another locker room distraction plus off field issues. Let’s also not forget that Lloyd was not much of a game changer in a high potent offense. If he was so mediocre with Brady throwing to him well….

The good news is that Lions front office is still looking and continue to work hard to plug in holes and add depth at positions of need. Good job guys!

I hear Laurent Robinson will visit the Lions shortly…? Also visited the Patriots and the Jets but remain unsigned.

7. By DL on Jul 24, 2013 | Reply

Twentyman, what’s the yardage on that little par3 I’m guessing is at Allan Park? -Good day

8. By David on Oct 4, 2013 | Reply

So excited to finally be able to see The Lions in Carolina. If we have the same team we have now that would be amazing. Can only get better from here. Let’s go Lions!!